Science has proven that Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie isn’t technically Thanksgiving. If given the chance, we’ll put beer and bacon in anything, so naturally the first thing we thought of when it came to making this classic holiday dessert was to put beer and bacon in it. This may be the best pumpkin pie we’ve ever tasted. Sorry Aunt Karen. The caramel and toffee notes from Rollin Dirty work perfectly in this recipe.
If you take pride in your dessert you make your own crust. Unfortunately, our crust recipe is a secret so you’re going to have to find your own. Pro tip: replace half the water with vodka and don’t over mix. This will make it more flaky and easy to roll out.
For the Bacon
1 pie requires a ½ pound of bacon. We opted to use beer-candied bacon in this pie. Click here to see our recipe.
for the Pie Filling
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 Can of pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- ½ Can of evaporated milk
- ½ Package of softened cream cheese (4 oz)
- 4 oz of Rollin Dirty
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons of flour
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 375
- Combine all filling ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Chop bacon into small pieces and stir in half to the filling mixture
- Scoop mixture into pie crust and bake for 40 minutes
- Remove pie and sprinkle the remaining bacon over the top. Return to the oven for another 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden.